Are you having difficulty keeping up to date on all the frequent changes and updates in the streaming data space? Then the 'Streaming Data Monthly Digest' ( updated daily!) has the solution you’re looking for. Please find below a list of web resources related to streaming data in general for March 2017.
I am daily updating this list without a focus on a particular tool be it open source or commercial. Many web resources listed below are future events such as meetups and conference talks. Related slides and videos will be added as they are made available.
Not a single streaming data processor can claim to be a silver bullet! All streaming data processors have their own strengths and weaknesses and are sweet spots for particular use cases.
June 1st 2017
- [Blog] Apache Flink® 1.3.0 and the Evolution of Stream Processing with Flink, Michael Winters
June 5-7th 2017
June 6th, 2017
[Blog] What’s the big deal with event-by-event streaming in Spark’s 2.2 release? By R. Danes, SiliconAngle. Video
- [Video] Expanding Apache Spark Use Cases in 2.2 and Beyond - Matei Zaharia, Tim Hunter & Michael Armbrust
June 7th, 2017
- [Blog] Apache Flink on DC/OS (and Apache Mesos), Till Rohrmann
June 11-13th 2017
- [Conference] Berlin Buzzwords
- [Conference talk] Experiences running Flink at Very Large Scale, Stephan Ewen, Data Artisans
[Conference talk] Stream Analytics with SQL on Apache Flink, Fabian Hueske, Data Artisans
June 13th 2017
- [Meetup] Rethinking Stream Processing with Apache Kafka, Berlin Apache Kafka Meetup